Professor John Hattie on ‘Visible Learning’.
Judith McKerrecher, Professional Development Officer, University of Strathclyde. What impact if any does the app we produced for Advanced Higher French have upon the development of independent learning skills?
- Poster Presentation at Pedagoo’s EnquiryMeet
- Scotland’s National Centre for Languages
- Confucius Institute for Scotland’s Schools
- How does the opportunity to carry out practitioner enquiry contribute to your professional development?
- How can we take a joined up approach to developing skills in learners across schools and sectors?
- What are the benefits to learners when they have the opportunity to access apps and technology for learning independently?
- How important is the role of the teacher to the effective facilitation of learning via app/technology?
Dr Vivienne Ming of Socos talks about Meta-Learning and Naturalistic Interventions.
Click here to read a draft of their white paper on their philosophy, methods, technology and impact.
Vivienne poses the following questions to listeners:
What are the most predictive attributes of student’s success, both in school and later in life?
Can such attributes be developed?