Angela de Britos of SCILT on the role of subject co-ordinators in primary languages.
Judith McKerrecher, Professional Development Officer, University of Strathclyde. What impact if any does the app we produced for Advanced Higher French have upon the development of independent learning skills?
- Poster Presentation at Pedagoo’s EnquiryMeet
- Scotland’s National Centre for Languages
- Confucius Institute for Scotland’s Schools
- How does the opportunity to carry out practitioner enquiry contribute to your professional development?
- How can we take a joined up approach to developing skills in learners across schools and sectors?
- What are the benefits to learners when they have the opportunity to access apps and technology for learning independently?
- How important is the role of the teacher to the effective facilitation of learning via app/technology?
#aspirationaladvice from author, Ian Rankin. With Neil McLennan, co-chair of Young Academy of Scotland.
Dr Marie-Jeanne McNaughton and Ruth Barr on the Storyline Method and forthcoming international conference.
There is a special discount rate of £90 for one day for Scottish teachers to come to the International Storyline Conference. Booking details on conference website. http://www.strath.ac.uk/storylineconference2015/
Maryse Payen-Roy is part of the Modern Languages Support and Development Team at Glasgow City Council. In this show, Maryse talks about her professional learning and research, the 1+2 languages policy, the work of SALT and SCILT, and the focus of this episode: ‘Early start to French & How children learn their own and other languages from an early age’.
Click here to download Maryse’s planners.
Click here for this show’s recommended reading, reflective questions and links to the Professional Standard.
This show was first broadcast on 27th February 2014.